Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Independence Day!


Whip up some patriot Rice Krispie Treats for Independence Day. You'll need to make 3 batches. Using the traditional recipe for the treats , add some strawberry or cherry Jello powder to the melted marshmallow and butter mixture. I didn't add red food coloring, but you could if you wanted a more typical color scheme.

For your next batch used Berry Blue Jell-O powder, the smaller package. The store was out of that flavor the day I shopped, so I wound up getting grape. Then I had to add blue coloring so it didn't look purple.

Your third batch is the regular recipe. Now you are ready to slice them and assemble your flag on a large tray. Hopefully, you can cut straighter than I did.  πŸ˜œ  Even if your flag is wavy like mine, it's still a showy and tasty snack. Add a dab of honey to the back of white baking morsels to make your "stars" stick. Enjoy!

Leave me a comment if you make them for your Independence Day gathering, and let me know how everyone like them. πŸ’₯πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ’₯

No comments:

Post a Comment