Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's F.I.NA.L.L.Y here!

At 11:57 a.m. CDT it becomes 


I thought it would never come!  Now, if the weather would actually feel like spring,  . . . .


My spring break is quickly blowing away, quite literally.  It has been a windy week here in Oklahoma.  At one point we had gusts up to 50 mph!  The March lion has been an ugly little beast, setting the stage for lots of wildfires across the state.                            

My goal today is to do some planting.  I'm going for a bucket garden this year so I don't have to fight encroaching grass. I'll start with a pot of sweet-smelling alyssum for my patio table.  Then I'm going to plant a seed potato in each bucket with a variety of lettuce on top .


Last week I put a couple of empty 5-gallon buckets from the cafeteria in my car to bring home for this project.  When I opened the car door to drive home that day, I was met with the pungent aroma of pickles.  Guess what had been in the buckets.    


Groundcover


 

No comments:

Post a Comment