Thursday, January 16, 2014

Click, Clack, Mooooo

My class really enjoyed last week's basal story, Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That TypeBecause the story is so imaginative and funny, they didn't mind the repeated readings I always have my students do.  

During the week I showed them a Youtube video that has a man signing the story.  Just before starting their culminating activity, a written retelling, I had them listen to the video twice more (at their request).  I had one of my 2ndies write an almost-verbatim retelling!

A big thank you to my Central Elementary family for the beautiful daisy bouquet following my cataract surgery today.  

4 comments:

  1. Those are cute cows! I grew up on a dairy farm and I can say your cows are much cuter than mine were!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty. They were very impressed with their efforts.
      Jill

      Delete
  2. I loved this story last year and again this year! Such a fun read! Love the cows!!
    Hope you're doing well since the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read any of the rest of the book in the series with your kids?

      Delete