Saturday, December 21, 2013

6 for a Slippery Saturday





We're been besieged here in Oklahoma with rain-turned-ice.  Fortunately, in my immediate area, the soil temperature is warm enough that streets haven't glazed over.  Everything above the ground is coated with ice.  Thankful our power hasn't gone out, though, many other parts of Oklahoma have an ice-induced blackout.

 I'm playing a hand chime solo at church in the morning.  It's "Oh Come, O Come, Emmanuel."  If we have to cancel church because of bad roads and reschedule it for next Sunday, I guess we'll call it "He Came, He Came, Emmanuel!"

 

Now for 6 of the nuggets I mined from Pinterest this week.

 

 1. Here's a good source of information.

(IDA) International Dyslexia Association

 

2. Have fun coloring these Peter Rabbit pages.  I love Beatrix Potter's illustrations.

Peter Rabbit Colouring pages

 

3. Isn't this the coolest idea for a Polar Express study?  The link on Pinterest just takes me back to pinterest.com.  If anyone knows the blog this came from, please let me know so I can give the proper link.

LOVE this idea of duck tape on the floor as train tracks for Polar Express!!!

 

4. Next is a clever DIY project.

Window Cabinet 

 

5. Seven books about Snowmen.  You'll want to investigate this terrific website.

Snowman books:  -The Snowman by Raymond Briggs  -Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner  -The Biggest Snowman Ever by Steven Kroll  -Snowbaby Could Not Sleep by Kara LaReau  -A Really Good Snowman by Daniel J. Mahoney


6. "Christmas Vacation" is one of my favorite Christmas movies!

christmas vacation quotes | Christmas Vacation (1989) ”And we’re gonna have the hap-hap ...

 

 Wishing all my Wagoneers and Wagon Watchers a meaningful and happy Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment