Sunday, December 1, 2013

6 for Saturday

You'll have to pretend it's Saturday.  Yesterday was so busy, I didn't even have time to turn on my computer!  Enjoy these pins, link up and let me know what your 6 favs were for the week.

First is a tribute to the author we lost recently



Charlotte Zolotow 
(June 26, 1915 - November 19, 2013)
Pinned from Google

Not all diamonds are mined.
"Pearls" by Andy 58

This photographer does beautiful work!    "Pearls" by Andy 58


I'm going to make some of these to go with my gingerbread these for this month.

Fact Family Gingerbread Houses!

Thanks for the adorable idea, Kelley!

Spiral Tree Ornament-  Easy for kids to do!

This will be a cute independent center activity for my 2ndies.  I'll use up some of my sequin stash instead of glitter.  (Our custodian will thank me.) ;-) Get directions here.

What a great object lesson on self control!  Find the how-to @ Donna's blog plus a video of the Teacher Tipster using this technique as well.

First,  blow some bubbles and, as expected, the kids will all pop them.  Then,  challenge them to NOT pop the bubbles even if one lands on the tip of their nose.  Introduce the concept of self control and launch a discussion about stopping to think before you act.  You can refer back to again and again throughout the year..."Think about that time when we didn't pop the bubbles…" What a great way to reinforce self control!

 

It's Christmas  #Christmas


This sweet card reminds me of ones I saw when I was a little girl.  Loved the illustrations of the 50s.

I could find this exact card on the link given by Google where I got this pic, but it's supposed to be there somewhere.

Did you enjoy these?  Now go post your 6 favs and come back here to leave your link!

No comments:

Post a Comment