Thursday, June 27, 2013

Welcome Wagon and Teacher $ Days Linky

Roll out the Welcome Wagon.  

Dinah of The Traveling Classroom has joined the train!  She's a homeschool mom living in Panama, who has a beautiful blog, creates cute graphics and had made some out-of-the-ordinary freebies.  Love her photos!!!

Another new Wagoneer is Michelle of Just Wild About Teaching. She teaches 1sties and has a lovely blog you'll want to check out.


Here's some more linky fun from A Teacher without a Class.

Frugal teachers like I really enjoy her Dollar Days linky.  She's letting us include bargains up to $1.99, so I can include my find.


My knowledge of iPhones is extremely limited.  (My cell phone is just barely past the rotary dial stage.)  Those of you who have one can get a Flat Stanley app for only $1.99.

  

I like to read Flat Stanley to my 2ndies early in the year.  Usually I have one or two who then want to read every Stanley book they can get their hands on. Preceding each break, I run off some Flat Stanleys and Flat Stellas they can take home and document their activities.  I use the FS pics they bring to create scrapbook pages and keep them in a class album for them to peruse.  


There are two Flat Stanley Apps on Edmodo, which are on sale right now. When you sign up, you get $50 store credit.  I don't know anyone who has used it, so if you have please give me some feedback regarding how you like it.



Alrighty now, Wagoneers and Wagon Watchers!  Here's your assignment.   

    1. Leave me a post here, especially if you know about or have used Edmodo or the apps I've described.  

    2. Then get busy posting your $ Day Deal on your own blog.

    3. Next, head over to A Teacher without a Class to link up.

    4. Finally, check out some of the $ Day Deals on some of the blogs that linked up.    

  



4 comments:

  1. I'm not too familiar with Edmodo myself, but my husband LOVES it! He tried it with one of his classes this past year for the first time and is planning to use it with all of them this upcoming school year (he teaches 7th & 8th gr social studies).

    Cait
    Sliding into First!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds promising. I need to do some more reading up on Edmodo. Sure would like to use the Flat Stanley app with my kids.

      Jill

      Delete