Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Morning Welcome Wagon and Picture Book Linky

Good morning, Wagoneers!  We have a couple new members in our wagon train.  There's always room for more!


Welcome, Laureen.  Glad you rolled in.  If you have a blog, please let me know the link so I can post it.  We don't want to miss any great ideas!


And a big ol' HI to Tammy.  It appears she's just beginning her blog, Storybook Cafe.  You'll want to bookmark it, Wagoneers and Wagon Watchers so you can check back on her progress.


I'm joining DeAnne at First Grade and Fabulous for her Picture Book Linky about good picks for the first week of school.


She has already listed some good ones I use, but I also like Irma Joyce's Never Talk to Strangers.  She describes some ridiculous situations, but it provides a great springboard to the obvious follow-up discussion. I have an older copy so the cover doesn't match the one below left.

      

Denys Cazet wrote the cute Never Spit on Your Shoes.  It provides a great lead-in to our room rules discussion.

A third book I always use during the first week of school is one of Eric Carle's  "very" series.  The Very Clumsy Click Beetle sets the stage for discussion of one of the foundations of my Learning Garden - kind, encouraging words.

FIRST, leave me a comment letting me know if you use any of these books.  They are "old timers," but their messages still ring true.  NEXT decide on your fav back-to-school books and go to First Grade and Fabulous to link up.  FINALLY, check out some of the books recommended by the other linksters.

3 comments:

  1. You've been features on this weeks dollar linky! Come back and link up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! What an AMAZING giant wagon in your first photo! That would be super cool to use in a parade, wouldn't it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What fun it would be to drive to school in that each day!

      Delete