Monday, May 13, 2013

Guest Blogger

I went by the doctor's office after school today to see about my sore throat.  Sure enough, it's strep.  Not what I wanted to hear.  Only 3 days are left to finish up all the activities I wanted to do.  Now I have to miss one. Fortunately, my terrific student teacher stands at the ready to fill in for me.  Thanks, Rachel            
Glad to help out, Dr. Steeley!

It is already the end of the year and my time with Central Elementary.  It has flown by so quickly and now begins another chapter in all of our lives.  As I look back at my time in Dr. Steeley's Learning Garden, I am overwhelmed by the realization of how much I have learned and how close I have become with each and every student.  The whole class welcomed me from the very beginning, and I have had so much fun helping them learn and grow.  It has amazed me the feats we are capable of achieving when we all work together as partners.  


I have also been fortunate enough to observe Dr. Steeley’s impeccable teaching skills and interactions with the students.  She has been a fantastic role model through this process and even as I go on to teach my own classroom, I know I will always have her support and guidance.  Dr. Steeley has shown me and taught me time and time again the power of respect, making learning fun, and the importance of having an understanding heart.  I am very blessed to have been a part of the Learning Garden and to have the pleasure of getting to know all of the students as well as Dr. Steeley and everyone else, both staff and students at Central Elementary School.  This has been an experience I will treasure for ever and will never forget. 

Thank you all so very much!

Ms. Christy


No comments:

Post a Comment