Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday Work

Today my intern, Rachel Christy, was working with a small group of my Learning Gardeners who didn't quite have a good understanding of contractions yet.  She used a clever activity she found on Pinterest and made this weekend out of paint swatches.  It was a good hands-on way to clear up their confusion about contractions.  


I used paint swatches to make the kids some bookmarks for St. Patrick's Day.  I talked to them about some places in the world where children don't get the chance to go to school and learn to read.

Don't forget what today is:



2 comments:

  1. Hey Jill! I love those paint swatches for contractions! What a brilliant idea!
    Patty
    Second In Line

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone was very clever to think that up, weren't they? You could use the same idea for compound words too.

    ReplyDelete