Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Summary


Spring break is rapidly drawing to a close.  It has been a very-needed 10 days off.  I haven't set the world on fire with the things I've needed to accomplish.  However, I'll share some of   a few of the things I did.

 

1. Rest.  Nuff said!!
2. Had a pleasant lunch out with my kids and grandson one day.
3. Enjoyed a 3-day crop with my cousins.
4. Painted my soon-to-be finished craft room.
5. Trolled many interesting and helpful blogs, printing off tons of freebies.  Time for more printer ink!!
6. Worked on lesson plans. 
7. Made a BIG pot of my 10 Can Soup to eat on through the week. I submitted my recipe to  Gooseberry Patch in 2010.  The other day they sent me an email saying they are going to use it in a camping cookbook that will come out next year!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's reeeeally easy, Rachel

      Dump into 5-quart dutch oven and heat:
      3 cans chicken broth
      1 can each red, white, and brown beans, drained
      1 can diced Italian tomatoes
      1 can sliced carrots
      1 can cut green beans
      1 large can chicken

      Add any seasonings you like, although it's fine without. If you wish, add 1 cup dry wagon wheel pasta. Substitute any of the veggies for ones your family likes.

      Makes a large batch in a hurry, good for those nights when I come home from school too pooped to seriously cook. Leaves me lots for school lunches too. Good to take on a campout.

      Jill

      Delete
  2. Hi Jill,
    I am glad you enjoyed your spring break! Mine will start on April 1!!
    Your soup looks delish! congrats on getting it published in the camping cookbook.
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal. I can add it to my list of children's and professional publications.

      Jill

      Delete
  3. Hi Jill! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Our spring break is April 1st! Your soup looks delicious! I will have to try it.
    I am now a follower!

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM - soup sounds good - gonna have to try this recipe for sure! Congrats on getting published in the new Gooseberry Cookbook...I LOOOVE all the Gooseberry publications!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Becky. I had forgotten all about sending in that recipe when they email me. lol

    The great thing about this soup, Becky, is its flexibility. I use whatever I have on hand or whatever veggies I'm hungry for. Sometimes I use beef broth and browned ground beef.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete