Saturday, December 8, 2012

Scrumptious Saturday

I love, love, love eggnog.  The holiday season brings Braum's wonderful eggnog shakes.  And it's also time to make Eggnog French Toast!  Warning:  I don't measure anything when I make it, so the following is a close estimate.

For a single serving beat one large egg until frothy.  Stir in 1/4 cup eggnog, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and a sprinkle of nutmeg and salt.  Soak a slice of your bread of choice on each side.  Brown each side in a skillet over medium-low heat.  You should have enough batter to make at least one more slice.  If you're generous, you can share. 

Spread a pat of real butter around the hot bread until melted.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar.  If you prefer, you can serve it with maple syrup instead.  Mmmmmmmmm

Photo by Carroll Pellegrinelli


Let me Know how Yours turn Out.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, WOW!! This looks/sounds heavenly...I've gotta try this for sure!! Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete