Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Fun

When we go back to school on the 3rd, we'll study the geography of America.  I'll teach them the following song to help them learn.  Then they'll make playdough topical maps.

GeoGrapHy



U.S. Geography Song
(To the tune of “Davy Crockett”)

The mighty Mississippi runs north to south.
At the Gulf of Mexico is its big mouth.
Appalachians in the east and the Rockies in the west,
These are the mountains that I know the best.

Across the south of America is Mexico.
Just ask me and I’ll tell you so.
Atlantic Ocean’s on the east coast, Pacific’s on the west.
This isn’t all, so I’ll tell you the rest.

On the border of Canada are the Great Lakes.
‘Cross the middle of America the plain are great.
I’m learning the geography of the U.S.
When I sing this song, I’m learning it the best.

U.S., U.S. geography!
Let’s all sing again.


No comments:

Post a Comment