Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday Words

One of the blessings of being a teacher is having a new beginning each fall.  New routines, new faces, new personalities, new challenges.  It is true, there is comfort in routine.  However, there is something exciting about beginning again, modifying old procedures in a new way, adapting trusted teaching strategies to a new group of learners.  Standing on the brink of a new school year,  the possibilities lie before me.  The sense of responsibility for each life entrusted to me weighs heavily, but I gladly accept it.  This is not my job, this is my calling.

So much has yet to be done to have my learning garden ready.  Cleaning, organizing, decorating, planning will be completed with thoughts of how best each of these chores will benefit my new little students.  It is so important to get things started off correctly in order to plant the seeds of success I want to cultivate throughout the months ahead.  What are your thoughts about beginning the new school year?

The beginning is the most important part of the work. - Plato

4 comments:

  1. My daughter-in-law begins her first year teaching First Grade. She is really excited and I for her. She graduated Magna Cum Laude, very intelligent and a passion for children. I know she will be counted among the best of teachers in Early Education because this is what she has "chosen" for her life's work. It was not forced upon her, nor was it a last resort. She waited to complete her education until after her own children were in school and she could devote enough of her time to accomplish her dream. So, to the teachers who are just beginning and to those who are just beginning another year, may you love what you do as I thank you for serving our children in the most important profession the world can offer. May God bless you richly.....Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. First grade is such a wonderful year of development. My first year to teach was in the same first grade classroom as I went as a little girl. Direct her to www.proteacher.net for a wealth of ideas, information, and as a place to ask questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am so excited about the new school year! I love seeing all of my "old" students come back to begin their 10th grade year; as well as having a whole new group of 9th graders to share my love of reading with!! :) I have the best job in the world and I LOOOOVE what I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it grand walking in your calling?

    ReplyDelete